Agreed. Even if you have consent at enrolment which gets you past Principle 1 you still have to contend with principle 3*. You can potentially get past that if you can show that this is the only practicable means of achieving the end - but I think you would struggle as I can think of a number of ways to avoid passing data of those not claiming.

Whatever your conclusion you should have a clear agreement / sharing protocol in place to satisfy Principle 7 rather than dealing with this as an ad hoc request.

* And how is the "Course of Study" in any way relevant to whether someone has a valid claim for a reduction ??

Phillip Bradshaw

Information Manager
Democratic Services

Room CY4A, County Hall

EMail: [log in to unmask]

Phone:         029 2087 3346
Mobile :        07890 265987

Fax:              029 2087 3349

Fax:              029 2087 3349

You must be the change you wish to see in the world