The idea is creating and using Open Hardware (similar to Linux, but
also  applied to hardware).

There are some Open Hardware Foundation, but mainly in the computer
hardware realm. We need a Open Renewable Energy Hardware Foundation
and Wiki site, to encourage technology that can be used in the third
world (and also in the first, as the solar guerrilla and electric
buses).

Regards