Hi Chris,

I think you are dignifying the BBC editors!  They really should know better. Any questioning around climate scientists would have put them right.  The scientists are not exaggerating global warming or its affects.  Indeed, in the program they asked whether the UEA business had made scientists more reticent.   So the editors must realise that scientists are liable to understate the dangers, not overstate them.  The program asked a simple question - about influence of AGW (anthropogenic global warming) on the floods - and managed to give credibility to the "don't know" answer, thus giving the oxygen of publicity to climate sceptics.  The program was a disgrace.

But the BBC is not alone.  It seems that, as the effects of global warming become more and more apparent, the media will more and more downplay them.  Wishful thinking has become editorial policy.

However, there is the occasional glimmer of reality breaking through, from none other than the normally sceptic Daily Mail [1].

Cheers,

John

[1] http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1301713/The-crack-roof-world-Yes-global-warming-real--deeply-worrying.html

---

Chris Keene wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite"> I suspect that the editors genuinely believe there is scientific controversy, and thanks to the UEA email theft (I won't dignify it with the term 'climategate' since it implies wrongdoing by UEA) they suspect there is a conspiracy by scientists to exaggerate climate change to get more money for research into it

Chris Keene