> I am running the latest release of COOT on my Mac running 10.6.4 from X11 quartz installed using Bill Scott's fink instructions. It runs fine. I have just begun using scripts generated by Molprobity or just looking through my models to make corrections based upon the drawing of probe dots. That all works fine as well. However, I have found that COOT and X11 freezes after several corrections of sites (on average I would say about 10-15 corrections). Everything freezes - screen and X11. I have to then force quite X11 to regain control of things and start fresh. I began by just using the COOT backups or saving

>> We have experienced the same problem. But we haven't found a way to
>> reproduce the freezes consistently...

This is only anecdotal, but I've heard that there are problems with the
OpenGL drivers Apple provided with some 10.6 systems.  I've copied a
colleague who may be able to provide some more insight or clarification.

The short story is that we support ~100 OS X users, many of whom use
10.6, OpenGL, X11 apps, and COOT, and we've had reports of similar problems.

Ian

--
Ian Stokes-Rees, PhD                       W: http://abitibi.sbgrid.org
[log in to unmask]               T: +1.617.432.5608 x75