From: Annie Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [COMMUNITYPSYCHUK] Objectives achieved (Forwarded from Paul Duckett)
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Tuesday, 17 August, 2010, 10:04

Dear all,

Although Paul and David may feel ( rightly or wrongly) that  is the wrong decision, or not the decision they would have reached, at least it IS a decision, and we have been dragging our heels on this for years. Disagreement between ourselves  will not go away, of course: we need critical debate and we need strong principles and action based on  social justice and participation,  but, like many left learning groupings we are liable to tear ourselves apart unless we can find a way to blend strong values/  principles with compromise and good will.

I like Sally's ideas of starting on the 8th October with a participatory meeting to get the ball rolling for a co-operative FIRST ; this could then inform and direct the BPS section process and decision making, which has so far been deliberately kept as unfixed as possible so far so as to maximise collective influence over it. . This balance of power ie a collective to which the section is accountable has been the vision all along - why have we not been able to get our act together to get the collective going until this point, I wonder? Now is the time to do it if we can - I would very much support those who have the capacity to take action about the collective  - for myself I am very sorry that I am  so weary with my day jobs at present I don't have additional capacity to be pro-active around this . But I;d join both  the collective and the section,; and I'd hope the section, and the BPS, would be made better because of the existence and influence of a radical and participatory UK community psychology collective.

Good wishes,

Annie