Von: Hari Namboodiri <[log in to unmask]>
Betreff: [ccp4bb] Heme Proteins
An: [log in to unmask]
Datum: Donnerstag, 26. August, 2010 18:56 Uhr

Hi CCPers

Can anyone provide insights about expressing heme containing proteins in E.col? Does E.coli need any porphyrin precursor during expression or you need special E.coli strains. I have references mentioning delta-aminolevulinic acid for one ortholog but none for another. The enzyme is CYP51.

Thanks
Hari