I don't think that anything could frighten Adam into silence.

He's not just talking about knee-jerk
experimentalism--he's coming from a very mainstream position.

Of course there's a lot of very bad experimental
poetry, but that hardly dominates the poetry
world, which is overwhelmingly mainstream, and
mostly pretty ghastly. You wouldn't know that from this tiny essay.