Oh I find that a very unfair comment Mark.  He may make some iffy points but I also thought he made some very good points - very good indeed - and I didn't pick up on any kind of resentment just a sort of frustration with where poetry is now.  What's wrong with that?  Shouldn't we always be striving for poetry to be more and to do more and asking how that can be achieved?  He's not happy with what's happening in the poetry world and I actually agree with many of his points - there is so much so-called 'experimental' poetry about at the moment that is very much a sameness and if 'experimentation itself is an aim then it's a rather weird one to be honest.  Much experimentation really has become meaningless through convention born maybe from poetry as a 'subject' rather than poetry as 'vocation'.  I don't really have time to argue this as it's late and I've work to do but I really just needed to say I think it a great pity that any opinion expressed that is not a mirror image of ones own is shot down and cynically dismissed as 'resentful' instead of responded to in a thoughtful and constructive way.  It really does make people frightened of opening their gobs - and that is a very dangerous place to be.

G.
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Mark Weiss
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Sunday, August 29, 2010 12:15 AM
Subject: Re: "The Conspiracy Against Poems" by Adam Fieled at The Argotist Online

And that's the least of it. He seems not to lnow much of anything beyond his resentments.

At 06:07 PM 8/28/2010, you wrote:
Adam Fieled: 'There is no historical evidence to suggest that during the Romantic era, something called “Poetics” existed.'

Oh yeah?

http://books.google.com/books?id=uiggAAAAMAAJ&printsec=frontcover

David Latane
http://www.standmagazine.org (Stand Magazine, Leeds)