A Celebration of Anna Mendelssohn

There will be a celebration of the life and poetry of Anna Mendelssohn/Grace Lake on 15 September, 6-9 pm, to be held in the Council Room in Birkbeck College, Torrington Square, London WC1. The event is jointly hosted by Birkbeck Poetics Centre and The Centre for Modernist Studies at Sussex, and has been organised with her family and friends, as well as those interested in her poetry. There will be readings from Anna’s work and other poems from among others Ian Patterson, Sean Bonney, Barry Schwabsky, Frances Presley, Chloe Harries, and Jane Liddell-King, and words from those who knew her, including members of her family and Peter Riley, who worked to save her extraordinary archive after her death.

The event is open to all, and if you’d like to read please let either Sara Crangle ([log in to unmask]) or myself know ([log in to unmask]), so that we can plan the evening with room for everyone. Also do drop me a line if attending, so we have a sense of the numbers for refreshment. If anyone has any images of artwork or photos of Anna that we can receive in jpeg form, that would also be great – we’ll display them on the evening.

Hope you can join us to celebrate the work of an astonishing poet.

all best wishes

Carol and Sara

http://www.bbk.ac.uk/maps/centrallondon.pdf