In relation to my previous posting on the axing of the MLA and my subsequent discussion of issues on my blog, I have been receiving off-line comments.

The following questions have emerged, and I would be grateful if BASAJISC members in the MLA world could provide answers.

Are there any monitoring reports or research projects which have looked across the MLA world at the various  initiatives since 2000, regarding:

*    increasing diversity in audiences
*    increasing diversity in staffing
*    funding sources of these initiatives

e.g. the Diversity Programe, the Inspire Programme, how much money allocated and  the outcomes have been, and whether those outcomes are sustainable without continued special resources.

Does anyone know whether a short document has been compiled that tells us what kind of funding came in i.e. through the MLA (historically), so that we can track what will be "missed" in future? My attention has been drawn to the example re-the Budget Deficit on www.wheredoesmymoneygo.org; which is linked to the Open Knowledge Foundation http://blog.okfn.org. Guardian readers will ahve seen similar forms fo resetnation in issues since the election.

Is anyone able to show the resources (archive material) and opportunities in a flow diagram (training programmes for BME) showing who has access now and where we will go for the same in future (if the answer is known)? This would be useful  to work out just what's been "lost".

The problem is so much is being slashed, that as indidivuals I am sure that most of us are overwhelmed by it all and cannot keep up.

Thanks.

Sean
Blog: http://historyandsocialaction.blogspot.com