Scholarships: Digital Preservation Training Programme 4-6 October 2010
apologies, the correct link to scholarships is http://www.dpconline.org/training/leadership-programme

From: The Black and Asian Studies Association [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Joanne Anthony
Sent: 20 August 2010 11:27
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Scholarships: Digital Preservation Training Programme 4-6 October 2010

Apologies for any cross-posting:

We are pleased to announce that the next Digital Preservation Training Programme takes place on 4th-6th of October 2010. It will take place at The School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), London. See here for further details:

http://www.dptp.org/about-2/dptp-london-soas-october-2010/

The DPTP is an intensive 3-day course designed for all those working in institutional information management who are grappling with fundamental issues of digital preservation. It provides the skills and knowledge necessary for institutions to combine organisational and technological perspectives and devise an appropriate response to the challenges that digital preservation needs present. DPTP is operated and organised by the University of London Computer Centre with contributions from leading experts in the field.

The Digital Preservation Coalition is again generously offering three fully funded scholarships so that DPC members and associates can participate in the DPTP October 2010. For further details of eligibility and the application process, please see:

http://www.dpconline.org/training/leadership-programme.html

Here is a sample of the feedback over the last few years:

 'Very encouraging gave me lots of practical ideas as to how to move forward and not to “byte” off more than I can chew.'

'Excellent exposition of model and practical application will make a great difference to how I engage with projects and discussions in the profession.'

'…the most beneficial and well presented, thought out course that I've ever attended in 10 years as a professional.'

'Thanks to you for your efforts to consolidate all digital preservation related subjects in one course. I believe this has enabled the participants to understand the wider picture of digital preservation in a national and international context.'

'Well done, excellent content and a very enjoyable course.'

'The course was very good and value for money.'

'…thanks to all of you for your work on the fantastic DPTP course. It was without doubt the best training course I've ever been on, and I'm sure I'll be referring to my folder for years to come. Somehow you even managed to transform the OAIS model from something confusing and a bit scary, into something understandable!'

'I really enjoyed the interactivity of the course; it broke up the day & helped put learning into context.'

The course costs £763.75 (incl. VAT). Lunch and other refreshments are included in this price.

Bookings for DPTP are now open at the ULCC store. Please note that currently only payment by credit/debit card is fully automated online, and this would be our preferred method of payment. However, if you require to be sent an invoice, please follow these steps:

1.       Register at the online store

2.       Start the online booking process and complete all steps

3.       Please make a note of your Booking reference (this will show up once the booking process has been initiated)

4.       Complete all steps until you are being asked to enter your credit/debit card details

Please note that at this stage your place is reserved, but not guaranteed. In order to complete the booking please email us at [log in to unmask] with the following information so we can process the payment and invoice you/your organisation:

Name of approver:
Approver's Job title:
Approver's Email address:
Approver's Telephone number:
Total amount:
PO number:

If you experience any problems with your booking/payment, please contact [log in to unmask]

For information specifically about the course please contact us at [log in to unmask]

We hope you will join us!