The new Equality Act and pre-employment health screening

Hi,

I’m a bit concerned about where this leaves tutors who write references for potential employers of our current or past students.

I write around 100 references a year for my students, and without fail the request letters explicitly ask me to comment on attendance.

Nick Givens

Senior Lecturer in Education,

Equality & Diversity Co-ordinator,

Graduate School of Education,

University of Exeter,

Heavitree Road,

Exeter,EX1 2LU.

Tel: 01392 264869

Outstanding Teacher Education, Ofsted 2010.