Hi Everybody

In my spare time! I am a volunteer with a national 1st Aid organisation.

I am currently revamping their H and S Policy.
Several of the buildings are used for training external 1st Aid courses. All buildings are used regularly (Once/twice a week) for member training).

Where I work full time we have PEEPS for staff with disabilities. It occures to me we should have the same for all buildings where there is a delegate with a disability.

However although we may know a delegate has a disability we may not know the full implications until they arrive for the course.

Has anyone got any experience of this and can advise me.

Yours

Peter

Peter Fox
Residential and Training Services Manager
Kepplewray Project

Kepplewray challenges exclusion and is founded on a commitment to bring disabled and non-disabled people together as equal partners.

The Kepplewray Project, Broughton-in-Furness, Cumbria, LA20 6HE.
Tel: 01229 716936

www.kepplewray.org.uk

Registered Charity No 1015762
Kepplewray Ltd Registered Company No 2675957
Cumbria
LA20 6HE
01229 716936
----------End of Message---------- Run by SURFACE for more information on research, consultancy and the distance taught MSc. in Accessibility and Inclusive Design programme visit: http://www.surface.salford.ac.uk Archives for the Accessibuilt discussion list are located at http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/accessibuilt.html