I'd suggest teaching her a basic protective circle ritual with a
meditation on divine union. Tell her she should do it ever day and see
how long that happens for. See if she keeps it up long enough to make it
work. This is an important lesson in magic, i.e. you have to keep at it.

Regards,

Morgan Leigh
PhD Candidate
School of Sociology and Social Work