Tony Harrison’s wonderful poem ‘Them and [uz]’ is dedicated to Professors Richard Hoggart and Leon Cortez.

Peter

From: Discussion list for audiovisual Shakespeare project [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mike Jensen
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 10:54 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Leon Cortez

Thanks, Beverly.

That facsimile letter is one of the reasons, and the only real evidence, I have seen to let me date the broadcasts in the forties. The letter is reproduced in all four of the pamphlets I have and all the publications were clearly done around the same time since they advertise each other in the back of the books. Though another ten or so pamphlets are announced, I can't find a scrap that a fifth was ever produced and I have been scouring second hand book web-sites for a few years now. I'm gearing up to write about these, and I'll be assigning one to a Shakespeare and modern culture class in the fall as part of the radio component, so I'd like to find whatever more I can for both reasons.

all the best,
Mike Jensen

author site:
www.michaelpjensen.com