Actually it seems pretty sensible to me, I think as very few people read the glossies, most who would do this would read it on the web anyway, not sure we should be too worried.

But only if the focus shifts to online and direct engagement approaches and doesn't disappear altogether.  Recent Geoeng dialogue had a very poor online component, the synbio one had none and a lovely glossy on the results which arrived this morning a week after I read it online and will never open.

Obviously I also think there should be funding for impartial engagement with the public on controversial issues such as our website www.nanoandme.org which will no doubt not get its funding now!

Best regards

Hilary

Hilary Sutcliffe