I am posting the info below on behalf of Bridget Nicholls, who isn’t subbed to this list, if you are interested, mail her direct on [log in to unmask]

The iconic Termite Pavilion is coming to the end of its presentation at the centre of London Zoo, having previously been displayed in Festival Square outside the Royal Festival Hall, South Bank Centre last year. It is now looking for a new and final home, and we would encourage viewings over the months of August and September. It is an iconic structure full of wonder and aesthetic beauty. During its time at the Zoo and at the South Bank Centre, it has created awe and inspiration for all who have come into contact with it. It is extremely versatile, acting as a great enclosed event space and walk through exhibit, while at the same time a contemplative temple-like quiet place for thought.

 The Termite Pavilion is a 6 x 6 x 6m cube of sustainable timber based on a three dimensional scan of an actual termite mound in Namibia, southern Africa. We selected a central section of the computer model of the termite mound and scaled it up to a size which would allow humans to move through it. It is a spectacular outdoor or indoor installation, and can hold up to 20 people comfortably inside. It could easily be a unique pavilion for a private garden or public park, or as a dramatic architectural highlight in a corporate office entrance.

It has impressive green credentials, as we/it won the Observer Ethical Conservation Award in 2010.

As you know it has had international press from having the BBC weather broadcast inside it, as well as being featured in all four UK broadsheets, architectural journals like Territories, and design magazines Dezeen, Icon and Above.

There are sliding scales of prices depending on how and where the sculpture is to be delivered. The team behind it is eager for it to go to a good home. We would encourage a visit to see this exceptional sculpture and can arrange access for this to take place.

You will find some panoramic pics of the Termite Pavillion here

http://www.panoramicearth.com/5584/London/London_Zoo_-_Pestival%27s_Termite_Pavilion_-_Inside
http://www.panoramicearth.com/5583/London/London_Zoo_-_Pestival%27s_Termite_Pavilion

If there is any other information you immediately require, please don't hesitate to ask.

I look forward to hearing from you.

your sincerely

 Bridget

Bridget Nicholls
Director /Founder Pestival
The First International Zoo Art Fellow.

ZSL London Zoo
Artist-in-Residence London Zoo 2010 -2013
Voted a Woman to Watch - Cultural Leadership Programme 2010 http://www.culturalleadership.org.uk/w2wlist/

Ian Simmons

Science Communication Director
Centre for Life
Management Suite
Times Square
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE1 4EP

Tel: +44191 2438250
Fax: +44191 2438201
Email: [log in to unmask]

Life - A Centre for world-class science

This year we celebrate our 10th birthday - Find out more at www.life.org.uk

Doctor Who Exhibition at Life until Sunday 31 October 2010 - Book tickets now at www.life.org.uk/whats-on

10th Anniversary Debate,  Science – Where in the Next Ten Years – www.life.org.uk/whats-on

Our mission is to inspire curiosity in science through imaginative exhibitions and events, raise standards in science education and support world-class scientific research.

Disclaimer - July 27, 2010

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for [log in to unmask],'psci-com: on public engagement with science'. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and might not represent those of Centre for Life. Warning: Although Centre for Life has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments. ********************************************************************** 1. To suspend yourself from the list, whilst on leave, for example, send an email to mailto:[log in to unmask] with the following message:

set psci-com mail -- [include hyphens]

leave psci-com -- [include hyphens]

5. The psci-com gateway to internet resources on science communication and science and society can be found at http://psci-com.ac.uk