Thanks for the kind words Kate. My librarian antennae are vibrating at the possibility of a global science communication vacancies meta-list which will one day contain both your vacancies listings, and mine, along with any others :)

A good place to start might be doing an Ireland-restricted Google search for likely-sounding phrases like science, science communication, science communicator, public engagement, engineering, health, medicine etc. etc. - whatever field might employ someone to communicate something science-related (type site:ie science communication into the search bar) - this would probably bring up a few ideas that should hopefully spark other ones. Looks like you'll have quite a few organisations to include from the LinkedIn group already. Add to that any university press offices and science museums etc.

I've been building up my list over a long time and discovered plenty of organisations that I'd never even heard of during its expansion. Because of my experience and interests, my list is stronger on medical charities' communications but weaker on science centres, for example - so it's helpful to get ideas from other people and of course things like Twitter (and probably LinkedIn too) can help.

If you're putting together a list to share with others then I'd also recommend including the organisation's homepage as well as the vacancies page link as the organisation's main address is less likely to change but people move their vacancies pages far too often for my liking. It's also a bonus to include which word you searched for as there's not much consistency - jobs, vacancies, recruitment, work for us etc, are all used. I'd be more than happy to link to yours when you set one up.

Jo