Sorry, I was thinking about conference press releases.  Of course, if
there's a paper, the reporter should see it too.

Mary

-----Original Message-----
From: psci-com: on public engagement with science
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Alexander Hellemans
Sent: lundi 26 juillet 2010 11:37
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PSCI-COM] The most massive star ever detected is not a
specially giant star

Not only that, but you have look at the paper itself.  Often there is an
introduction to the research that is more enlightening than the press
release, and you are sure that a paper reporting this research really
exists.  I once did a story on a discovery, based on a press release,
and found out, talking to another scientist, that he had a paper
submitted for publication about exactly the same finding.  So on what is
priority based, on a press release or on a completed paper?

Alexander Hellemans

On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 11:17 +0200, "Mary" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:
> That's why it's really important that the reporter reads the abstract
> and/or
> talks to the scientist as well
>
> Mary
>
> Mary Rice

2. To resume email from the list, send an email to [log in to unmask]

database 5313 (20100726) __________

http://www.eset.com