Hello Pip and everyone
I agree with your stance here ­ I am frequently shocked by people saying
that Aboriginal people ³need help²  - itıs challenging in the moment of
discourse to know how to respond when confronted with this notion of
paternalistic benevolence so presumptive of the utter vacuousness of
Indigenous cultural depth and resilience. These moments of dissonance in the
discourses in the mainstream are perhaps where decolonisation has real work
to do in the souls of the coloniser...
Susan