From: "Mark Weiss" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, July 23, 2010 10:41 PM
Subject: Re: R.I.P Douglas Clark

A lovely man. So sad.

At 05:24 PM 7/23/2010, you wrote:
>On 7/23/2010 5:19 PM, deborah russell wrote:
>>Douglas sent me one of his poetry books a few years ago. I'll miss
>>
>>his messages. He was such an interesting and thoughtful person.
>>
>>Thank you, Sally, for sharing this information.  Be well.
>>

>I had no idea he was ill, or THAT ill. He seemed reticent when it came to talking about
>himself.
>May he rest in peace and free of a troubled life.
>
>Ken

New from Chax Press: Mark Weiss, As Landscape.
$16.  Order from http://www.chax.org/poets/weiss.htm

"What a beautiful set of circumstances! What a
lovely concatenation of particulars. Here is the
poet alive in every sense of the word, and
through every one of his senses. Instead of
missing a beat or a part, Weiss' fragments are
like Chekhov's short stories­the more that gets
left out, the more they seem to contain. One can
hear echoes from all the various
ancestors...[but] the voice, at its center, its
core, is pure Mark Weiss. His use of the fragment
is both elegant and bafflingly clear, a pure
musical threnody.[it] opens a window, not only
into a mind, but a person, a personality, this
human figure at the emotional center of the poem."

M.G. Stephens, in Jacket.
http://jacketmagazine.com/40/r-weiss-rb-stephens.shtml