Hello,

I wonder if anyone can advise me on something that has come up from a UK NHS Research Ethics review.

I am a PhD researcher and a midwife, not clinically practicing. As researcher, I cannot advise women on their pregnancy. I have documented that I will advise them to seek advice from their midwife on care and pregnancy related issues.

As a result of the interviewing process, they could feel distressed by thoughts/feelings they disclose, other than advising them to speak to their midwife/health professional if this occurs, how can I identify a robust system to deal with distress caused by taking part in the study?

I feel sure someone else must have come across this and I would be interested to hear how this could be or has been addressed.

Thank you in advance

Carol