In addition to the Célestins convent, there is also an église St-Pierre in Avignon:
http://tinyurl.com/3xbneva
It is my understanding that the "Pierre" in question is Pierre de Luxembourg. I was not, however, able to corroborate this information. I'm going by a dim memory of a pamphlet in the church.
I haven't been in Avignon since 1978; at that time, the neighborhood in which this beautiful church stands was so bad, the building was open only for services, very much as is Sta Bibiana in Rome today.
MG
Marjorie Greene
http://medrelart.shutterfly.com

to: [log in to unmask]