Hi Chris

I'm perfectly happy with that approach (we're considering moving
withdrawn catalogue records in our LMS to an archive store rather than
simply deleting them, for many of the same reasons; and we've already
had to change the way we batch update / replace catalogue records in our
LMS in order to ensure the persistence of the LCN value which Aspire
itself leverages...).

The goal is not broken URLs, but the ability to manage the hierarchy in
a way which prevents the profileration of redundant and misleading nodes
over time - archiving combined with intelligent redirect options sound
good to me.

Regards

Richard Cross
Resource Discovery and Innovation Manager
Libraries and Learning Resources
Hollymount House
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham NG1 4BU
t: +44(0)115 848 4878
m: 07789 983916
e: [log in to unmask] <blocked::mailto:[log in to unmask]>