From: Chris Clarke <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: 9 July 2010 16:25:28 GMT+01:00
To: "[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Advance notice of release: July 15th

Next Thursday we will most likely be releasing "Submit item for library review".

As you may be aware, this is a major new feature which allows academics to submit a list for library review. The request will be added to an "All Reviews" stack, and library staff can perform reviews, including maintaining a log of comments, from the existing review screen. Other functionality will include the ability to record a review outcome for each item in the review. Once the review is completed, Aspire will email the requesting academic with the review outcome.

On release, Talis will not enable by default the ability for academics to request reviews. This means from an academic's point of view, nothing will change next Thursday. Indeed, some customers will not want to use this function at all, as it does not fit directly within their workflow.

What we would like customers to do is to take a look around and familiarise themselves with the new functionality first. Any library administrator users with existing permissions to access the list review screen will be able to manually "start" a review and test-drive the new functions.

Once you are comfortable, contact Talis Support and we will enable the request review function for your academics. From this point on, they will see a new option on the published list view to submit a list for review. They'll also be able to inform you of anticipated student numbers as part of the request process.

Finally, if you would like to test drive what academics will see, it is possible for us to enable the request review function for library administrator users first, allowing them to perform a few "test" requests before rolling the function out to all users.

We'll be in contact again next week to confirm once the release is live.

Regards,

Chris

Head of Product
Talis Education
http://www.talis.com/education

Talis Group Limited
Knights Court,
Solihull Parkway,
Birmingham Business Park,
United Kingdom
B37 7YB

Direct Number: +44 (0)870 400 5423
Mobile Number: +44 (0)7595 022154
Office Number: +44 (0)870 400 5000
www.talis.com<http://www.talis.com/>

Find out more about Talis at http://www.talis.com/
shared innovation™

Any views or personal opinions expressed within this email may not be those of Talis Information Ltd or its employees. The content of this email message and any files that may be attached are confidential, and for the usage of the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient, then please return this message to the sender and delete it. Any use of this e-mail by an unauthorised recipient is prohibited.

Talis Information Ltd is a member of the Talis Group of companies and is registered in England No 3638278 with its registered office at Knights Court, Solihull Parkway, Birmingham Business Park, B37 7YB.