Colleagues, in our latest roundup of EIA- and EU-related developments:

Recent news
- Counter-terrorism
- Replica weapons
- Culture
- LIFE+
- Tractor Regulation
For more details and to see other news items, see our news archive at www.eia.org.uk/archive.php

Survey
Responses to our survey have given us some useful ideas, but we'd appreciate more. If you'd like to complete the short questionnaire on some of the issues we're keen to get feedback on, the link is on our website.

Publications
The fourth edition of 'European information: a guide to official sources', by Patrick Overy, is now available free to EIA members and for just £10 to others.
Coverage includes: the European institutions; Commission DG publications and websites; EU agencies; justice and home affairs; common foreign and security policy; treaties and agreements; the EU legislative process; the EU legal system; official publications; databases, websites and portals.
With 102 pages, 60,000 words and some 1,350 live links, this pdf-only publication provides an excellent introduction to official EU information materials and sources.
Further details are on our Publications page.

AskEric
Our AskEric service gives EIA members the chance to pose their questions to our EU information experts. Whether it's simple or complex - if you're having trouble finding the answer, try AskEric ... though as he's having a well-earned break for the first two weeks of August, we've made other arrangements to get your questions answered - details are in the members area.

Our next update will be in late August.

Regards,

Eric

---

Eric Davies

European Information Services / Coordinator, European Information Association (part-time only)
PO Box 28
Mold
CH7 6FE

Tel: +44 (0) 1352 700051