I’ve been following the thread about WiLL and other union catalogue activity with interest.  Comments and questions from Ken and others in the group about WorldCat.org and WorldCat Local are ones that we’d certainly like to address further.  We are working with a number of public libraries to surface their collections via WorldCat.org, an additional benefit we have been able to offer because of libraries’ participation in and contribution to UnityUK (the national network for resource sharing).  And last year at PLA, we announced our collaboration with SWRLS to offer WorldCat Local as a shared discovery tool, as Lynn has also mentioned.

If there is interest in finding out more about the requirements for joining these services, I would be happy to set up a webinar, so that we can provide a little more insight.   Please send me an email and we’ll get back to you shortly with a date and time for a web presentation.

Kind regards,

Fiona Leslie
Marketing Communications Manager · OCLC EMEA
8th Floor, West Wing
· 54 Hagley Road · Birmingham B16 8PE · United Kingdom
t +44-(0)121-456 4656
· f +44-(0)121-456 4680
http://www.linkedin.com/in/fionaleslie
[log in to unmask] · w www.oclc.org

OCLC (UK) Ltd
Registered in England and Wales
Company No. 498573
Registered Address : Brincliffe House, 861 Ecclesall Road, Sheffield, S11 7AE

Can libraries rise to the challenge of mobile technology and solutions?

Join CILIP and OCLC on Wednesday 15 September 2010 in London for the latest in the series of Executive Briefings ‘Becoming upwardly mobile