Dear all,

Thank you so much to everyone who responded to my recent request for help in locating the protocol for an RCT for a research project regarding medication errors in nursing homes and the efficacy of pharmacy interventions to reduce these errors.  I’ve had a number of helpful responses from the list.

One member suggested that I consult the UK ISRCTN clinical trials website at

http://www.controlled-trials.com/

Another email suggested that the NeLM Medicines Management portal which includes the relevant content from the former Pharm-line database would be a useful source of information

http://www.nelm.nhs.uk/en/NeLM-Area/Evidence/Medicines-Management/References/

Both these websites have proved to be very useful sources for retrieving citations relating to the research project.

I also had a helpful reply from a member who highlighted the following book in connection with a request I submitted a few weeks ago about clinical outcome measures (CLOMS) which can be used in mental health trusts.

Outcome Measurement in Mental Health

Edited by:  HighLight(Tom Trauer)

Binding: Hardback ISBN: 9780521118347 Publisher: Cambridge University Press
Pub date:
01 Jul 2010 List price: £55.00 Online price: £49.50

Thank you so much once again for your invaluable help.

Kind regards,

Rachel.

Rachel Steele

Assistant Librarian (PT, Temporary) and Electronic Services Officer (North East SHA; PT, Temporary)

Library and Information Service

Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust

Education Centre

Lanchester Road Hospital

Lanchester Road

Durham

DH1 5RD

Tel: 0191 441 5910

Alternative library tel: 0191 441 5912

Email: [log in to unmask]

The collection of MyiLibrary e-books available via NHS Evidence has recently been boosted by substantial national and local purchases, and now includes over 400 titles, mostly on mental health subjects.

Access the collection

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This email and any attachments may be confidential and are intended for the use of individual(s) to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient(s) of this email (and any attachment), please note that any form of disclosure, alteration, storage, copying or forwarding of this email and any attachments without the express permission is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this email in error, please inform the sender immediately by email or telephone and destroy all copies.

Communication by email cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as information could be intercepted, corrupted, amended, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The Trust cannot guarantee that this message or any attachment is free from computer viruses or has not been intercepted and amended and you should perform your own virus checks. In the unfortunate event of a virus infection the Trust does not accept liability.

The information contained in this email may be subject to public disclosure as required by law including disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.