From: UK medical/ health care library community / information workers [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Harbour Jenny (NHS Quality Improvement Scotland)
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2010 9:44 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Documenting/recording the search process

Hello,

I currently work as a Health Information Scientist for the NHS carrying our systematic literature searches to support development of health technology assessments, systematic reviews, evidence notes etc.

As part of an internal process review, and to support my chartership application, I am looking at how we document/record our search process. By this I mean how we record databases searched, results found, resource checklists used, location of Reference Manager databases etc.

Would any of you be willing to share any paperwork you use for recording your searches?

I would be really grateful for any assistance with this and will happily summarise responses for the list if required.

Thanks very much,

Jenny

Jenny Harbour

Health Information Scientist

NHS Quality Improvement Scotland

Tel: 0141 227 3259

Fax: 0141 248 3778

E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Help KST help you – tell us what you think

Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and GSI recipients
For more information and to find out how you can switch, visit www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/nhsmail