I was thinking about this and wondering whether Surgeons do not talk to their colleagues whilst working.

Promptly recalled this valuable piece of research published in the BMJ
http://ukpmc.ac.uk/articles/PMC28308
Palazzo, FF. & Warner, OJ. (1999) Surgeons swear when operating: fact or myth? BMJ. December 18; 319(7225): 1611

Perhaps we should let fly with a few more salty expressions to make surgical colleagues feel at home?  Or perhaps not.

Cheers

Alan

Alan Fricker
Knowledge & Library Service Manager
Newham University Hospital NHS Trust
http://www.newhamuniversityhospital.nhs.uk/library
Tel: 020 7363 8016

The library comes to you - http://newhamcat.nhslibraries.com - Search - Renew - Reserve - all from your desktop

Register online for Knowledge Alerts - the updating service you control
http://www.newhamuniversityhospital.nhs.uk/knowledgealerts

--
Andrew Booth BA Dip Lib MSc MCLIP
Reader in Evidence Based Information Practice Director of Information School of Health & Related Research (ScHARR) University of Sheffield, Regent Court, 30 Regent Street, SHEFFIELD,

"First you're an unknown, then you write one book and you move up to obscurity"-- Martin Myers

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please inform the sender and permanently delete the message and any attachments.

Recipients should be aware that all emails received and sent by this Authority are subject to the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and therefore may be disclosed to a third party.

This message has been categorized as "Legitimate" by Bayesian Analyzer.
If you do not agree, please click on the link below to train the Analyzer.
http://11.1.0.5/bt/a.aspx?M=E:%5Csmtpmail%5CBayesian%20Spam%5C2010-07-15%5Ca79a3707e3a046f6b1fddad1469b1871&C=2

This message has been inspected by DynaComm i:mail

Newham University Hospital NHS Trust is a smoke free organisation.
If you live or work in Newham and want free advice about how to quit,
call the Stop Smoking Team for help on 0800 013 1673
or email: [log in to unmask]
Get Involved in your local hospital. Become a member of Newham University Hospital NHS Trust.
By becoming a member you can receive trust's newsletters and get involved in focus groups and surveys that look at improving quality of services.
To become a member, please email: [log in to unmask]

The Information contained in this message is confidential
and is intended for the addressee only. If you have received
this message in error or there are any problems please notify
the originator immediately. The unauthorised use, disclosure,
copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden.
This mail and any attachments have been scanned for viruses
prior to leaving the Newham University Hospital NHS Trust
network. Newham University Hospital NHS Trust will not be liable for
direct, special, indirect or consequential damages arising
from alteration of the contents of this message by a third
party or as a result of any virus being passed on.