Hello,
Currently our short loan period is 7 days, we allow 1 weeks 'grace' time when the item is overdue but fines do not accrue, these can also be renewed once.  So in effect a short loan item can be borrowed for 7 days, kept overdue for 7 days, renewed for 7 days, kept overdue 7 days  giving a loan of 4 weeks without any fine at all.  Students from a particular subject area do take advantage of this so, I'm thinking about making short loan items not renewable and discarding 7 days 'grace' time - mainly to get items back in to circulation.
I'm wondering what other people do with their short loan stock, is it renewable or not?
Ani

Ani Jampal Lhamo
Librarian
TyneMetropolitan College
Battle Hill Drive
Wallsend
Tyne & Wear
NE28 9NL

Tel 0191 2295243

Look it up on the library catalogue

http://heritage.tynemet.ac.uk/

LEGAL INFORMATION
Information contained in this e-mail may be subject to public disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Unless the information is legally exempt, the confidentiality of this e-mail and your reply cannot be guaranteed.
Unless expressly stated otherwise, the information contained in this e-mail & any files transmitted with it are intended for the recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute, or take any action or reliance upon it. If you have received this e-mail in error, you should notify the sender immediately and delete this email. Any unauthorised disclosure of the information contained in this e-mail is strictly prohibited.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Tyne Metropolitan College unless explicitly stated otherwise.
This e-mail and attachments have been scanned for viruses prior to leaving Tyne Metropolitan College. Tyne Metropolitan College will not be liable for any losses as a result of any viruses being passed on.