Hi All,

I have to report back to a management committee on Thursday about the feasibility of introducing a charged for service for sending photocopied articles from journals we hold or chapters from books which we hold.  The charge would be about £2, which more or less covers postage. We know there is a demand for this but currently apply the rule, if we've got it, we can't send it, you have to come and get it (unless you're on a recognised Distance Learner course).

Is anyone else extending their document supply in this way and does it have any copyright implications?

Thanks

Graham Dix
Principal Library Assistant
Collection Management
Library and Learning Resources
Kenrick Library
Birmingham City University
Tel: 0121 331 5295
email: [log in to unmask]

Through our significant contribution to the creative industries and the city's cultural and artistic life,
Birmingham City University is proud to support Birmingham's bid to be UK City of Culture in 2013

http://birminghamculture.org
http://www.bcu.ac.uk/about-us/excellent-arts