Dear Colleagues,

We are seeking some volunteers to assist with testing and evaluating
the Piloting an e-journals Preservation Registry Service (PEPRS) project
http://edina.ac.uk/projects/peprs/

Essentially this project is designed to provide a way to track the
arrangements made for the digital preservation of electronic journals
so that journal articles can be accessed over the long term.

It is anticipated that the main use of such a registry will be by
librarians who are considering taking out or renewing a subscription;
considering cancellation of a print subscription in favour of an
e-only subscription; contemplating relocating or discarding print
holdings.

Accordingly it is most important that we have as full a knowledge as
possible of user requirements.  We have already carried out work to
obtain a set of requirements and from that information have built a
series of use cases as well as a prototype system.  We now wish to
invite library staff to examine documents on requirements and the use
cases and provide feedback on the prototype.

We would anticipate that those who volunteer to help would spend a
couple of hours on both looking at the documents and the prototype.
We would then like to interview volunteers by telephone.  These
interviews should take approximately 45--60 minutes.

If you are willing to participate in this work or know of a colleague
who might be interested please contact Fred Guy at EDINA
([log in to unmask], Tel: 131 651 3875).  He will send you  further
information.

Many thanks,

Leah Halliday
skype: leah.bijelic

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.