Hi Mario,

It very much depends on the site’s configuration.

The MON box (and the glite-APEL) has the database where records are written. If you are using two databases you need to make sure that they are both receiving all the records that APEL needs (from batch system log files, from the accounting log files, from the site’s GRIS or GIIS). If every CE contains all these log files, then yes, you can have one of them publishing via the MON and the rest on glite-APEL (or viceversa).

However, if for instance the batch system is installed in a different machine, then it gets a bit tricky, because the parser in that machine can only write to one db, and the other db will be missing this information.

As I said, depends on your site’s configuration and it can very easily go wrong…

Hope this helps,

Cristina

Cristina del Cano Novales

Scientific Computing Technology Group / e-Science
Science and Technology Facilities Council
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
Harwell Science and Innovation Campus
OX11 0QX Didcot

Tel: +44 (0) 01235 445778