Hallo Christoph,

> It seems that the WMS recovered itself (being in
> drain mode) over the weekend.  The WMS is full of Conder jobs in state
> "H" (hold). Do they harm? Some are weeks old already.

Normally held jobs do not harm, but the latest WMS version has an issue
for which the admin may need to intervene occasionally:

    https://savannah.cern.ch/bugs/?69841

A cleanup cron job for held jobs is included in this bug:

    https://savannah.cern.ch/bugs/?70401

The grace period of 1 week probably should be lowered to 1 day,
or even just a few hours...

> Another question, perhaps someone know the answer. Trying to get some
> understanding of the flow of a job through the WMS, I tried to follow a
> job that goes to  a CREAM-CE. Are those jobs supposed to showup in the
> list of jobs listed with conder_q?

No.  On a WMS the jobs for CREAM are handled by ICE, while jobs sent to
LCG-CE or ARC-CE instances are handled by Condor-G:

    https://twiki.cern.ch/twiki/bin/view/EGEE/EGEEgLiteJobSubmissionSchema

To see ICE details one can use /opt/glite/bin/queryDb on the WMS.
The "-h" option shows how.