Dear all,

I thought you or friends or students might be interested in the reading group for contemporary Spanish-language literature set up by And Other Stories. (Please excuse any cross-posting!)

We have set the group up to discuss untranslated authors - but we'd like to have extracts in English where possible, to open it to people with little or no Spanish too.

The summer 2010 titles (recommended by a number of writers and translators) are by Argentinian and Spanish writers:

Felix Bruzzone

Juan Francisco Ferré

Iosi Havilio

Pola Oloixarac

Sergio Olguin

And Other Stories is pulling information and extracts in English on the authors where possible.
Here's where more information on the authors is / will go:

http://www.andotherstories.org/authors/

And here's the link to the Spanish-language reading group. It would be great to see students' and lecturers' thoughts on / reviews of these books.
http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/34840.And_Other_Stories_Spanish_Language_Reading_Group

If you have trouble getting hold of a book, we're happy to lend them, where we can. Just email Leslie at [log in to unmask].

Best wishes,

Stefan Tobler

http://www.andotherstories.org/

Twitter: