Hi

Perhaps if you clear everything. then remove the filesystem from dpm dpm-rmfs and add it back. dpm-addfs.
I think I tried that recently for a fs that was reporting dodgy numbers and it worked. If not - then we can dig more into if there is something in the db causing problems.

Cheers

Wahid

On 7 Jul 2010, at 11:45, Chris Curtis wrote:

> Hi -
>
> The rfrm command didn't help.  So I removed the file with normal rm and then tried del-replica, which complained about not finding the file (!), but appeared to remove the replica name from the dpm-disk-to-dpns output.
>
> I've released most of the disk space this way, and according to df, I'm only using 20GB of the target filesystem.  dpm-qryconf suggests that I'm still using 125GB.  Where is this mismatch coming from?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris
>

> On Tue, 6 Jul 2010, Wahid Bhimji wrote:
>
>> Maybe try rfrm first as that will delete the db entry as well.
>> If you just delete the physical copies then there is a danger that someone accessing the file would get pointed to the non existent replica.
>> But if they are old and noone will access them then of course it is not a problem.
>>
>> Wahid
>>
>> On 6 Jul 2010, at 10:13, Chris Curtis wrote:
>>

>>> Hi -
>>>
>>> Not sure I understand the permissions on these files.  I imagine that they're older than the DPM (Ivan hasn't been part of the ATLAS collaboration for nearly 4 years), so I guess they were added when the SE was converted from ClassicSE to DPM.
>>>
>>> The sample files that I have looked at do physically exist.  Their permissions are typically "-rw-rw-r--  1 prdops01 1307" (I think the owner being OPS is a coincidence of UIDs in this case - other fils have unknown owners).
>>>
>>> dpm-getacl returns:
>>>
>>> # owner: atlassgm
>>> # group: atlas
>>> user::rw-
>>> group::rw-		#effective:rw-
>>> other::r--
>>>
>>> Is it safe to just rm these files, or is there a more DPM'ish solution?
>>>
>>> Chris

>>> --
>>> West 326
>>> Physics and Astronomy
>>> University of Birmingham
>>> Edgbaston
>>> Birmingham
>>> B15 2TT
>>>
>>> (Office) 0121 414 4700
>>> (Mobile) 0798 666 1959
>>

> --
> West 326
> Physics and Astronomy
> University of Birmingham
> Edgbaston
> Birmingham
> B15 2TT
>
> (Office) 0121 414 4700
> (Mobile) 0798 666 1959

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.