Dear all,

The NHM in London have a large collection of foraminiferal models mainly
made from plaster. As I wrote a short paper on these back in 2002 I have
been asked to contribute a short article to a forthcoming book on "The
History of Foraminiferal Micropalaeontology" to be published by the
Geological Society and edited by Alan Bowden and Andy Henderson.

We have collections of models by d'Orbigny, Reuss, Fritsch (Fric),
Zittel, Flatters and Garnet, Pearcey and Zach Arnold. My paper can be
found on the Geological Curators' Group website at:
http://www.geocurator.org/arch/Curator/Vol7No7.pdf

The title of my chapter in the new book is "The development of modelling
Foraminifera: examples from historic collections" so I am looking to
make contact with collections managers who may have these or other types
of foraminiferal models in their collections.

All the best,

Giles

Dr C. Giles Miller, Senior Curator, Micropalaeontology, Department of
Palaeontology

Natural History Museum, Cromwell Road, London SW7 5BD

http://www.nhm.ac.uk/research-curation/staff-directory/palaeontology/g-m
iller/index.html