Dear Colleagues,

I would like to announce the opening of the Institute for
Thealogy & Deasophy (www.I4TD.org).  ITD is a research center
committed to advancing and promoting scholarship and education in the fields of
thealogy and deasophy, and provides a social networking forum where all
adherents, allies, and scholars can come together to engage in dialogue concerning
beliefs and ideas related to feminist spirituality/Goddess spirituality.

We will be hosting biennial conferences, seminar series and
educational workshops, various research projects led by our fellows, an awards
program, online forums for scholarly collaboration and discussion, and of
course scholarly publications via books and our academic journal Goddess Thealogy: An International Journal
for the Study of Feminism and Religion.
The tri-annual online journal’s first issue will be in April 2011 and
all are invited to submit articles at any point.  www.I4TD.org

If interested in our aims, please consider becoming a member
of ITD which comes with all sorts of benefits and is currently free for now
though this may change in the future.  In
order for us to accomplish our goals, we need funding so a donation would also
be appreciated no matter how small. www.I4TD.org

The Founder and
Executive Director is Angela Hope, PhD Cand. Our Board of Directors includes
Zsuzsanna Budapest DMin (h.C.), Carol Christ PhD, Paul Reid Bowen PhD,
Constance Wise PhD, Shan Morgain, Xochitl Alvizo PhD Cand., Katherine MacDowell
ThD, Deanne Quarrie HP, and Patricia Iolana PhD Cand.  We are looking to build our organization and
need some volunteers to help us succeed. We are looking for the following
(volunteer) positions:

1) Editorial Board
members:  for the journal (MA/PhD
preferred)

2) Research Fellows: committed to
writing/publishing in thealogy/deasophy(MA/PhD preferred)

3) Reviewers:  for reviewing articles for the journal

4) Executive Assistant: to help ED with
day to day implementation activities & moral support ;-)

5) Moderators:  for list serv (knowledge of thealogy required)

6) Project Coordinators: for the
following different projects: (experience preferred)

a) Awards program: to honor scholars in the field of thealogy

b) Conference coordination and organization: biennial starting in 2012

c)  Seminar Series

d) Grant seeking and Grant Writing

e)  Fundraising

f)  Public Relations & Development

                   g) Newsletter

Email [log in to unmask] if you are interested in any of these positions,
and be sure to include a resume/CV/ or short bio along with what you would like
to do.

Again, we hope that you join if you like what you see, and
please spread the word of our existence.

Peace,

Angela Hope, PhD Cand., MTS.
Founder/Executive Director
Institute for Thealogy & Deasophy