Hi - if you only want to do single-session analysis there is no need to do the registration, but you will need to have it turned on to do multisession/multisubject analysis.

If your data is already in standard space then you can do multisubject analysis, but not from the GUI - use the command-line (melodic --help) instead.

Cheers.