From: Jane Farrelly (Librarian, KGH) [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 30 June 2010 16:53
Subject: Un-Systematic Reviews

Hi everybody
I'll be helping with a critical appraisal session soon and I thought it might be useful to compare some studies. What I'm looking for are some examples of "un-systematic" reviews (reviews that claim to be systematic but maybe only focus on one database, one language etc.) and perhaps some examples of not very random or controlled, randomized controlled trials.  An added bonus would be if the topics covered were a bit fun and of interest to a wide population.
Hoping somebody out there has already done something similar and can help!
Thanks and Best Wishes
Jane

Jane Farrelly
Librarian
HSE South Library & Information Services
Kerry General Hospital
Ireland
066 7184084