Without having read the document (which is the only way to proceed without
prejudice is it not (is there a signifier for satire I can interpolate here)
....) is if I have not lost my metaphorical thread to wonder what you mean
here by disability and confusing it with impairment, even if impairment is
an appropriate phrase.

An intellectual disability would be a legalistic or imposed disadvantage
that occurs on the basis of some subjective notion of the others
intellectual capacity as judged by them.

An intellectual impairment is probably even more complex but I am not going
to refer back to my paper of some years ago other than to say.

What is intellect anyway, I guess and suppose I know what you mean, I can
even deduce something of your spirit, but I think your use of language, in a
Whorfian sense is an imperative compelling you to err.

What does it mean to have an intellectual lack of capacity, why it means no
less than to be confuzzled and perplexed by what I am trying to teach you,
and there be a moral .

Nah in the very statement you are assuming a superiority, but you do have
this disability nay impairment nay lack of capacity in that you have failed
to discover, or reason that for yourself.

So it runs, as rivers do, and seas do swallow, and no I am not going there
summers notwithstanding.

Guess the next stage is to actually 'ave a butchers at it and see if my
opinion still stands, now if that is not science I do be buggered as to be
what is :)

Larry

http://disabilityandculture.blogspot.com/2010/07/what-does-it-mean-to-have-
> intellectual.html
> Fiona Place
>
> Fiona Place
> PO BOX 1317
> Double Bay
> NSW 1360
>
> Fiona Place
> http://web.me.com/fplace

> This Disability-Research Discussion list is managed by the Centre for
Disability Studies
> at the University of Leeds (www.leeds.ac.uk/disability-studies).
> Enquiries about list administration should be sent to disability-research-
>
> Archives and tools are located at:
> www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/disability-research.html
> You can VIEW, POST, JOIN and LEAVE the list by logging in to this web
page.

Archives and tools are located at: