Dear all

I’m pleased to announce a new book that I hope will be of interest to all of you – The Positive Deviant: Sustainability Leadership in a Perverse World by Sara Parkin. Sara is co-founder, with Jonathon Porritt, of Forum for the Future – the UK’s leading sustainable development charity – and creator of the Forum’s highly-regarded MA in Sustainable Development.

The demand for more precise climate forecasts by the policy community is having a knock-on effect on organizations –  institutions and their processes will not change all that quickly. We need ‘positive deviants’ - sustainability-literate leaders who can implement sustainability solutions despite being surrounded by institutional structures, processes and people perversely intent on the opposite.

Sarah presents notions of ‘sufficient knowledge’ to make ‘good enough’ decisions – and tools that will help all of us to start making decisions that contribute to sustainability straight away – despite the difficulties.

The book is suitable for management and leadership courses and for anyone who aspires to sustainability-literate work, whoever they are, wherever they work.

Find out more about the book here, and read the Introduction here.

For a 20% discount use code PD20 in the voucher box when you order online at www.earthscan.co.uk/pd.

Book review editors can email [log in to unmask] for review copies, and course leaders can use this form to request an inspection copy.

All the best

Alice

Alice Haworth-Booth

Earthscan

www.earthscan.co.uk

EARTHSCAN is the 2010 IPG Independent Publisher of the Year

“Earthscan is a solid, reliable and consistently successful publisher—

a yardstick by which all independents might measure themselves.” IPA Judges

Earthscan on Facebook

Follow @Earthscan on Twitter

Dunstan House, 14a St Cross St, London EC1N 8XA

Main line: 020 7841 1930