Bibontology chooses to use properties directly to represent issn, doi,
isbn, handles, etc rather than to get into the whole URI vs. URN vs
??? argument we see with doi, handle and other non-URI or non-URN
identifiers.

http://bibotools.googlecode.com/svn/bibo-ontology/trunk/doc/index.html

The difference between the Bibliontology approach and the DCMI
approach is that Biblionology avoids expressing rules as "Syntax
Encodings".

A while back I pushed to make sure that bibo:identifier was equivalent
to dc:identifier, I'm unsure why that was never adopted, it would have
created a clearer alignment between the two ontologies.

http://bibotools.googlecode.com/svn/bibo-ontology/trunk/doc/dataproperties/identifier___431915395.html

Cheers,
Mark Diggory

--