perfect. looking forward to winning...

nick

On 28 Jul 2010, at 21:57, David Patton wrote:

Anyone else reminded of gandhi?

+ or -
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

From: gary cummins <[log in to unmask]>
Sender: Cycling and Society Research Group discussion list <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 11:35:00 +0000
ReplyTo: Cycling and Society Research Group discussion list <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Melbourne developments

Nick, thank you for te response, as Chris Juden of the CTC has pointed out:

'It's since we won all the arguments.

Previously cycling was a quaint irrelevance to the sedentary majority. But now that it's proven to be so beneficial in so many different ways, the notion that THEY might be expected to do it themselves cannot simply be ignored!'

So they attack it, the fact that lots of car users pay no VED, or reduced VED is irrelevant as far as they are concerned.

We know many cyclists do pay the council tax, so do pay for roads. I suspect that the well reported feeling you speak about is as a resultof the increase in numbers of cyclists - ergo increase in incidents.

Perhaps red light junmping by cyclists will become so commonplace, that like speeding it will be largely ignored and broadly considered acceptable.

Gary