Fixies are sold with two brakes in the UK therefore they are legal here, and are very easy to stop, and stop far more quickly than with two rim brakes.

I don't think they make any claim to being conservationist - whatever that is. It certainly is a fashion thing rather than cultural. But the joy is people are on bikes.

Gary Cummins