The EA have recently accepted one of the Councils highest prioritised sites, an infilled railway cutting, as a Special Site - no effects to human health, polluters have gone so orphan linkage - happy days.

Last night I had a meeting with a few local resints who back onto the cutting.  As expected they raised the perennial question of 'how will this determination affect the price of my property'.  I wondered whether anyone has come across any reasearch papers on contaminated land determinations and how they affect property prices.  10 years have passed since the legislation came in and you would have thought some noggin would have looked at one of the early determinations and assessed how local property prices had been affected, if at all?