Hi David,

We have a Windows 7 testing 'virtual' machine here in the lab and I'm having problems recreating your issues. Do these issues ever not occur (ie is Analysis sometimes useable?)

Also, what machine are you running Windows 7 on? Is it 32bit or 64bit? We have had some issues with GL drivers in Windows 7 (which have been solved by updating NVIDIA drivers) but this doesn't seem to be your problem. If your machine doesn't have a graphics card this could definitely be a problem.

Is the project that you are working with running in Tk or OpenGL mode? Go to Project->Preferences->User Options to set this.

Which version of Analysis are you running? We're currently on 2.1.3 but 2.1.4 is just around the corner. (Note: Please don't run the update feature if you're using Analysis 2.1.3 - This is fixed in the next release).

I'll keep testing, but do let me know if you find a method to recreate this! Thanks for the feedback,

Dan

On 26 Jul 2010, at 22:47, David Langelaan wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have used Analysis for some time on MacOSX and now I am trying to use in on Windows 7. Anyways, I am getting some glitchy behaviour which makes the software difficult to use at times.
>
> The issues I have had are:
>
> - being unable to select a peak
> -pressing 'a' does not bring up the assignment menu
> - pressing 'm' to create a mark will sometimes make a mark in the completely wrong location
> - If I have multiple peaks selected in the 15N HSQC and create strips in another spectrum, sometimes the nitrogen dimensions of the strips are wrong.
>

> These errors happen quite often to me, but I am unable to figure out exactly what sequence of events is causing them. Also, when this occurs there is no traceback generated.
>
> Any help that anyone could offer would be appreciated,
>
> David Langelaan

Daniel O'Donovan