Dear Huw,

at 1.4-1.6A resolution I would actually try anisotropic refinement and tighten
the restraints a little in case the resolution is not quite high enough.  You
can do this with refmac5, phenix.refine, and shelxl and you would not have to
worry about TLS groups anymore.

Cheers, Tim

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 05:18:33PM +0100, Huw Jenkins wrote:
> On 15 Jul 2010, at 17:06, Ethan Merritt wrote:
>
> > My gut feeling is that the best TLS description would be each base
> > (or base pair) in its own group, the use TLSMD to analyse and assign groups
> > for the backbone atoms.  But again I have no actual experience with this,
> > so it's only a suggestion.
>
> Yes that's exactly what I was using before I found that paper! I think I'll stick with it.
>

> Huw
>
> --
> Dr Huw Jenkins
> Astbury Centre for Structural Molecular Biology
> University of Leeds

Tim Gruene
Institut fuer anorganische Chemie
Tammannstr. 4