This?

http://sw-tools.pdb.org/apps/CIFTr/index.html

Cheers

-- Ian

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 1:49 PM, Simon Kolstoe <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Dear all,

What's the best way to convert a coordinate cif file to a pdb (without compiling a program, installing new utilities, writing script files...)?

Cif2mtz works for the reflection file however coordconv doesn't have a "cif" option. If I try using Coot I get a mangled pdb file that gives lots of errors when I read it into pdbset, and I have the same problem with babel.

Also if the pdb has decided that cif files are the best format, are the program developers working on phasing out pdb and mtz files, and if not why not?

Thanks,

Simon